Software Engineer - 3D
Spot is hiring an experienced engineer to work directly alongside our founders and to be a member of our small, but experienced, engineering and product team. Our tech stack consists of Typescript, Babylon.js, React, Apollo/GraphQL, and Nest.js. Everything is built on top of AWS using modern tooling.
This is a remote position, but we are primarily located in Seattle, WA.
- Helping to realize our product roadmap and build out new features.
- Working with our director of 3D design to realize different world functionality.
- Tweaking and improving existing features and functionality.
- Solving performance challenges related to pushing the limits of 3D inside the browser.
- Helping to evolve our codebase and team: improving automation, tooling, and overall code quality.
What we look for
- Several years of experience as part of a high-performing engineering team.
- Deep experience with related technologies, ideally some Babylon.js.
- A pragmatic approach to problem solving– knowing what good code looks like while also understanding the art of shipping.
- The ability to work independently at times and simply get stuff done.
Nice to haves
- Experience with real time audio and video streaming.
- Deep understanding of web application development: html, css, et al.
- An eye for product design and building beautiful user interfaces.
- Enjoyment of remote work, but an appreciation for some things that a physical office can bring (we want to close this gap!).